Jump to content
Alphabear

Old Commander reporting for duty

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Hi Everyone.

Not sure who remembers me still but I'm Alpha, or as I go by these days Birnabear. Been trying to temper my excitement for the CNC remakes as much as possible but it has finally all boiled up to a point and I am super excited for some more Tiberium harvesting shortly. I feel like I spent most of my formative internet days in the 00s in these forums as well as petro-gamers, so it gives me the warm and fuzzies to see it all still going. It's been a while (aside from a brief visit in 2016) but its great to see a heap of old names I recognise, as well as a heap of new ones which is good to see.

Anyway, no more rambling. Hello all!

Edited by Alphabear
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Hey hey, always nice to see an old member come back!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

welcome back dude

Share this post


Link to post

Ya girl is still floating around too. I'm always lurking... hiding in the shadows...

Share this post


Link to post

Welcome back, Commander

 

Booo that was easily forseeable. 'Sup

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/05/2020 at 5:42 PM, Cygnus X-1 said:

Welcome back, Commander

 

Booo that was easily forseeable. 'Sup

Woah. Crazy seeing you around again.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, Doctor Destiny said:

Woah. Crazy seeing you around again.

These are confusing times. 

 

Had to do a bit of wizardry to unlock ye olde account, but voila! 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Cygnus X-1 said:

These are confusing times. 

 

Had to do a bit of wizardry to unlock ye olde account, but voila! 

Confusing is a good word. I mean, I'm a girl now. Among other things. lol

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/05/2020 at 12:51 PM, Doctor Destiny said:

Confusing is a good word. I mean, I'm a girl now. Among other things. lol

Congrats!

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/05/2020 at 9:51 PM, Doctor Destiny said:

Confusing is a good word. I mean, I'm a girl now. Among other things. lol

You've also had 37 different names on this (among other) communities. Lol. 

 

And since my last tenure, I've been 

A: homeless

B: a touring musician

C: a government stooge 

...among other things. Isn't life fun?

:wacko:

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, Cygnus X-1 said:

You've also had 37 different names on this (among other) communities. Lol. 

 

And since my last tenure, I've been 

A: homeless

B: a touring musician

C: a government stooge 

...among other things. Isn't life fun?

:wacko:

Actually, I've not changed my name in quite a long time. I really only go by Doctor Destiny and The Astronomer these days.

Since I've been, more or less, not around for a long time, I started gender transition, started working a full time job in 2015 and have moved from the bottom level of support to leading a department, among other responsibilities like bailing out gen tech and being the only web dev on staff. Stress from that kinda caused me a lovely psychotic break this week. So there was that too.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

I haven't been around in a long time. :santa:

 

 

11 hours ago, Doctor Destiny said:

Actually, I've not changed my name in quite a long time. I really only go by Doctor Destiny and The Astronomer these days.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
On 15/05/2020 at 10:54 AM, Cygnus X-1 said:

I haven't been around in a long time. :santa:

Fair enough but I really haven't changed names in a while. Just sticking with those two.

What else you been up to? Aside from not having a house, touring and being a stooge? o.o

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

Well... I still work for GDI (pic pending)

Also got into hardcore off roading, mostly with Toyota's. I build/wrench on vehicles quite a bit, mostly for off road purposes, mostly Toyota's. 

Edit: Tried to attach a pic from my phone, said it fit within the file size limit... then it didn't. Oops.

Edited by Cygnus X-1
File attachment failed

Share this post


Link to post
On 14/05/2020 at 10:55 PM, Cygnus X-1 said:

And since my last tenure, I've been 

A: homeless

B: a touring musician

C: a government stooge 

...among other things. Isn't life fun?

:wacko:

Wow quite a bit. Its fascinating touching base with old online acquaintances from a decade ago and hearing how things have been, like in this and a few other threads here. I was always planning on joining the airforce or dreaming of becoming a pilot. Ended up graduating with an Environmental Science degree, and worked more or less for the same employer for the past 9 years doing various environmental projects. Been involved in a few esports scenes, although very much as entertainment not work, and got addicted to Eve Online for a few years. Now playing soccer again and living with my long term partner. No kids yet though, but maybe someday.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Alphabear said:

Wow quite a bit. Its fascinating touching base with old online acquaintances from a decade ago and hearing how things have been, like in this and a few other threads here. I was always planning on joining the airforce or dreaming of becoming a pilot. Ended up graduating with an Environmental Science degree, and worked more or less for the same employer for the past 9 years doing various environmental projects. Been involved in a few esports scenes, although very much as entertainment not work, and got addicted to Eve Online for a few years. Now playing soccer again and living with my long term partner. No kids yet though, but maybe someday.

Indeed it is. Hey I got back into soccer too! Lol. And sand volleyball ... Damn college kids need to be put in their place. Hah

Share this post


Link to post

It's great to see three veteran members coming back to this forum. In case you didn't know, both Sonic and Zee Hypnotist (aka Rabbit) retired from the forums. Still I missed them though.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, PurpleGaga27 said:

It's great to see three veteran members coming back to this forum. In case you didn't know, both Sonic and Zee Hypnotist (aka Rabbit) retired from the forums. Still I missed them though.

I saw Sonic's farewell on FB many moons ago. Gave him a big ol' salute there. 

@GeneralZ still floats around once every dynasty or so...

Share this post


Link to post
On 20/05/2020 at 3:15 AM, PurpleGaga27 said:

It's great to see three veteran members coming back to this forum. In case you didn't know, both Sonic and Zee Hypnotist (aka Rabbit) retired from the forums. Still I missed them though.

Yeah I saw those threads. Hopefully with the remake they might drop in to say hello

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
39 minutes ago, Alphabear said:

Yeah I saw those threads. Hopefully with the remake they might drop in to say hello

True... I mean, we came back :D

 

Heard from @F15pilotX recently too

Share this post


Link to post

Room for one more? ^_^

I'm still about too. I think this remaster will see a few more old faces reappearing. Hopefully, might even see a little resurgence in the community altogether. That can't be a bad thing!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
34 minutes ago, Saracen said:

Room for one more? ^_^

I'm still about too. I think this remaster will see a few more old faces reappearing. Hopefully, might even see a little resurgence in the community altogether. That can't be a bad thing!

Would be a welcome respite from the Facebook C&C groups. Those are.... Rough. Lol

Share this post


Link to post

Well I haven't been here much for quite some time since being in Revora for the time being.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Saracen said:

Room for one more? ^_^

I'm still about too. I think this remaster will see a few more old faces reappearing. Hopefully, might even see a little resurgence in the community altogether. That can't be a bad thing!

Bah, you're practically new around here! :p

Who knows, we might even see @Sonicpop his head up :)

Edited by DeadEye

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, DeadEye said:

Who knows, we might even see @Sonicpop his head up :)

Plus  @Luk3us , @BioBen, and other kiwis/aussies I cannot recall.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×