Sign in to follow this  
Masked Shah

Generals 2

I repeat myself.

Go buy Starcraft.

I have had it for years and I still love it. It has the unique magick of a good, classic game, just like C&C TD does...

(I hope so bad that EA doesn't rape Starcraft. I might suicide bomb the building if they do.)

i for one will admit to once hating starcraft because it was "beefing" with CnC cuz like cnc like owned that shyz and starcraft wus like say wut mofo n cnc wus like yo homey dont play dat....yea sumtin like that lol :crazyguy: (by now you all shud kno this is bloodZ drunk icon)....yea but i like starcraft but still i think cnc is better...

So yur saying space combat is dumd cause you cant hide cowards

does that mean air combat is dumb ? or naval combat ?

hmm ??/

in space theres no cover, so you just have to be that much better

Very well Cygnus when you join up in the army you get to stand on top of the fox hole. Since you're soo obviously not a coward. ;)

We're see how long ya live for. ;):P

Space is gay for battles. There is not cover no where to hide no nothing. Its just space. They're just stupid space battles. If you're ever played Homeworld you're know what I mean. Though that game was alright. Just the medium was boring..

Uh.... what the hell is wrong with your head? Go buy Starcraft!

Uh did you even play Starcraft? There is NO SPACE BATTLES in that! Its just landcraft and aircraft in the tradition sense. Sure they may be labelled spaceships but they ain't.

yea space/air battle is not dumb...its just harder and involves in a way less strategy....if there is going to be a game such as EaW with space battle they should put like satellites and debirs and moons and asteroids you can hide around or even put special units...or even a unit that disguises itself as a space-ridden object that'd be cool :lol:

Very well Cygnus when you join up in the army you get to stand on top of the fox hole. Since you're soo obviously not a coward. ;)

We're see how long ya live for. ;):P

Space is gay for battles. There is not cover no where to hide no nothing. Its just space. They're just stupid space battles. If you're ever played Homeworld you're know what I mean. Though that game was alright. Just the medium was boring..

Uh.... what the hell is wrong with your head? Go buy Starcraft!

Uh did you even play Starcraft? There is NO SPACE BATTLES in that! Its just landcraft and aircraft in the tradition sense. Sure they may be labelled spaceships but they ain't.

True, I suppose.

Did I even play Starcraft...?

My obsession with starcraft is bypassed only by my obsession with C&C!

(Warcraft sucked)

how can it be less strategy ?

if you just charge in, you will get mauled

its very simliar to naval combat, only in 3d

and yes tactics become very very important in sapce. Formations can save your ass or kill it. angle of attack, deployment of fighters, as well as terrain usage (planetary bodies, comets, asteroids, nebulea, blackholes, ect)

ok this terned is serpost to be on Generals 2, I don't think meny people will buy it if it was made after the big letdown on the previous Generals, and then we would know that EA has gone mad, the one good thing that will come of Generals 1 other than a good paper weight, is HALOGEN, now that is by far one of the best total conversions i have ever seen.

Yes, except that ZH offers some great online gameplay, so it wasnt a total waste, and the next game on the sage is TW, not G2 :?

For the sole purpose of kepeing the mobs away from EA HQ :P

A good thing yes. But a Generals 2 would not be bad, IF they actually drew out the storyline and maybe used real cutscenes with characters. Maybe.

Me personal belief was that Generals was a dry run for C&C 3. I don't have any sources, and I certainly don't claim it as the truth, but it seems like a logical progression to me.

Generals was something of a test game. It doesn't exactly have a "universe" in the sense that there isn't really much of a storyline. EA, I believe, was simply trying out the SAGE engine for use in C&C gameplay. While much of C&C is, of course, the story, there is still a lot that is really dependant on the gameplay, especially considering the wide range of possibilities and strategies that can be implemented in each of the games.

You won't hear a lot of complaint about C&C gameplay, because that part was dead on. Though each faction, (and even general) was quite unique, they are, with minor exceptions, amazingly balanced. That takes a lot of development, and a lot of work. I think they did well with it.

As far as a Generals 2 goes, I believe that there is a way to integrate the storylines in Generals into the C&C universe, as long as we're creative about it. The Russians could give rise to Chinese power, while the Allies are of course embodied in the United States. The GLA is a faction that could eventually discover some of the technology from Red Alert, and begin to utilize it, eventually overthrowing China and creating the Brotherhood of Nod.

(I realize that I've left out a ton, and there are skews to work out, but I don't have the entire storyline sitting in front of me, and I honestly haven't touched RA in years.)

In any case, Generals may very well be made into a sequel. Or, perhaps, it could simply be a tangent of its own, left completely out of the Tiberium universe. It really doesn't matter - There are many stories that have splits.

Or is the C&C community too unforgiving to allow anything "different" from entering their domain?

I'm still waiting for Generals 2, booya.

I'd rather not but it wouldn't be the end of the world. ZH was really good but they abondoned it... I would have a fear of it happening again if they did Gens 2.

May i say that there is already a generals 2.. :gen:

It is called Tiberium Wars :cc3: :lol:

Why would i say this, well for starters Tiberium Wars RUNS OFF THE SAME ENGINE :angry:

so it is really the same bloody game only with new units

it really brings my **** to a boil

and know they are dragging :ra2: red alert into this for RA3 which adds the Empire of the RiSiNg SuN ooooh sounds generic for a Chinese empire.

and well that is basically it...

also though....

notice how every game built on that engine has 3 factions?

:gen: The good guys?.....GLA....CHINA

:cc3: GDI....NOD.....SCRIN

:ra2: (red alert 3) Allies.....Soviet Union......AND NO THE EMPIRE OF THE RISING SUNS WTF!!!????

the empire of the rising suns is pretty much just a remodeled, renamed China from Generals WTF???? i HATE EA with a passion

thank you, and good night

I hate to break it you, you duncewad but the Empire of the Rising Sun is Japan, not China. And Japan plays _nothing_ like China from Generals.

Before you criticize, stop and think first.

Not a good way to start out on our forums there gmod1001 :rolleyes:

Old thread, so its closed now anyway.