Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Cygnus X-1

Religious beliefs

Recommended Posts

I am a stimulust.

 

It is a religion where you die, and you choose a new lifestyle...

 

I still believe that God does exist, and so does the devil, and so does the wiccan god and every one else, but I just don't belong to them...

 

I belong to my master... But he isn't like a god, because I don't ask him for help... he just helps me when I am dead, to format my new life... and then In my life, I am in control.

 

I call this phase the Unknown Phase, cause I haven't chosen this life, because you go through many lives, and for each year, you fill a life pond, then, when it fills, you go through a life you don't choose, to empty the pond, and start over...

 

For me, as soon as I die, you all cease to exist, but for you, when I die, nothing happens, I just die...

 

(also, I don't press my religion on ANYONE... me and the few stimulusts out there believe that our religion is one for ourselves... even if I had a stimulust friend we wouldn't push it on each other

Oh geez... that's some strange thinking, but may I ask what you have to support that belief? What led you to the conclusion that "stimulism" or whatever it's called is the answer? The whole "master" thing... just seems very bizarre, and like all new agey religions, is backed by absolutely nothing. Why do you choose to believe that?

Share this post


Link to post
Guest Rabbit

I know, I really have nothing to back it up at all, but for some reason, it just seems to fit in my head... I don't know... Ever since I started to actually understand religion, I just started believing it... since I was like 3 or 4 ish...

Share this post


Link to post

Might seem unusual, but it is an interesting belief.

 

Some may find some beliefs quite extreme, I don't. I just know that when it comes to beliefs, cult religion has to be dismissed since it belongs to the group and is not an official religion. Cults are strange :?

Share this post


Link to post

some thing else that I find to be strange....

 

Whenever a religion says "We cant know the full truth, because it is impossible for us to understand it all. But we have faith in Bob (God, Allah, Yaweh, ect)"

 

And then they say to other religions: "you are wrong. We are right. We have faith that we know this."

 

despite them saying that they cannot know the all of everything, then they say that they know others are wrong.

 

It doesnt fite for me. I am Catholic, but I still accept the beliefs of others. I have several friends of varying beliefs, such as Lutheran (similar) Jewish (different) and Hindu (very different)

 

but our morals are all the same, so I really dont see why some religions condem others.....

Share this post


Link to post

All wars have been based on religion. This is why anyone who participates in discussions such as this or whatever, has egg shells to tread on. It only takes one to feel strongly and the whole thing blows up in everyones faces.

 

War is a fight for belief, not freedom, not condemnation. On top of that we are a war like race with the instinctiveness to destroy ourselves. It's like clashing 2 rods of uranium together, the result will always be extremely explosive.

Share this post


Link to post
Guest Rabbit

What about the war in Iraq ten years ago because of Oil? Was that tied in with religion somehow?

Share this post


Link to post
some thing else that I find to be strange....

 

Whenever a religion says "We cant know the full truth, because it is impossible for us to understand it all. But we have faith in Bob (God, Allah, Yaweh, ect)"

 

And then they say to other religions: "you are wrong. We are right. We have faith that we know this."

 

despite them saying that they cannot know the all of everything, then they say that they know others are wrong.

 

In a Protestant's case it isn't "We can't know the full truth" it's "We don't understand everything he does, but we still trust Him anyway

Share this post


Link to post

its still basically the same thing. We dont know it all, but we trust him anyway. He is our protector, our savior.

 

And Desert Storm was to kick the Iraqis out of Kuwait, which they had just invaded. Though I suppose the core issue goes back to oil anyhow....

Share this post


Link to post

Just because they don't know everything doesn't make them telling another religion they're wrong ridiculous :|

Share this post


Link to post

You're missing the point. :tired:

 

A lot of religions say they dont know, so they have faith, then they go around telling other religions that those religions are wrong. But how do they know? They even said they didn't.

 

The religions of this world are filled with hippocrissy. Hippocrits. However you spell it.

Share this post


Link to post
Guest Rabbit

hypocrites?

Share this post


Link to post

yes, ones who say one thing, and then do the opposite.

 

Some body should burn them all. At least the really bad ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Guest Rabbit

Kind of like those people who cheat and then when they've been cheated (not necesarilly on CnC, but in life), they get all pissed...

Share this post


Link to post

Silly people the war in Iraq isn't about oil....

 

It's about telling a people their way of life is wrong, and changing it to satisfy our own needs...

 

Just like the american natives, and african slaves...

We "WESTERNIZED" them...

 

it's only a matter of time when the church trucks come rolling in with bible thumpers trying to push religion on them....

 

It's the american way :wink:

Share this post


Link to post

Look, simply put, if you belief in a religion you cannot belief in another, THAT my freind is hypocrisy in my opinion, Im a Catholic and if I didn't believe all other beliefs were wrong then why the hell would I be a Catholic?

 

What I do agree with though is that passing judgement on other's beliefs is wrong, its my opinion its only God that can pass judgement on their beliefs, who knows, perhaps God will go easy on people who don't have the exact right belief, perhaps he won't. I would never just outright declare someones belief wrong, personally though, and Im sure they would think the same about my beliefs, I would consider their religion wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Guest Rabbit

From my point of view, I think that is a great way to think of it

Share this post


Link to post

@ Masked Shah:

You don't really believe that do you?

 

@ King:

You sure about assuming all wars have been based on religion? That's a wide spectrum of wars and while I do admit that more blood has been shed in the name God than for any other reason, I don't believe that all wars were based on religion. Beliefs, yes, that's true but it's not necessarily a religious war.

 

Good example is the American Revolution. We wanted to be freed from Britain's tyranical rule; nothing religious there. Hell, even the French Revolution was the same. The people wanted to free themselves from tyranical rule. Nothing religious at all.

Share this post


Link to post
You're missing the point. :tired:

 

A lot of religions say they dont know, so they have faith, then they go around telling other religions that those religions are wrong. But how do they know? They even said they didn't.

 

The religions of this world are filled with hippocrissy. Hippocrits. However you spell it.

just because they don't know doesn't mean it's hypocritical to tell other religions that they're wrong :shock:

Share this post


Link to post
@ Masked Shah:

You don't really believe that do you?

 

Don't know what I believe...

 

but I do know...

We can give them a democracy... but it's still a puppet government...

 

We ask them to jump and they'll ask "how high?"

 

second... the radicals will see this new government as a falsified government... pushed on them...

The democracy will have to be more militant to deal with insurgents...

 

Congratulation we've given Iraq a Democracy, a civil outbreak, and turmoil complete with inhuman acts of disreguard of life for the next several decades... if we're lucky...

 

if we're not so lucky... a civil war...

and the minute we step out of Iraq, and pull out our forces expect to see just that....

 

left to deal with the problems we started...

 

EDIT:

SILLY RABBIT!!!

You can't hand out democracy as though it was childern's candy on halloween...

 

Democracy is EARNED by a people, by their leaders, their free thinkers, and their blood... not ours...

 

they have to want it... and sadly they don't... not enough anyways...

 

 

Rosepierre one of the leaders of the french revolution... started out a free thinker and hero of the people...

But it was he, that started the slaughter known as "the Terror"... designed to weed out those who were against the republic...

ALL IN THE NAME OF SECURITY!!!

the massive amounts of lives lost because he thought "For the security of France".... He changed from philosopher to butcher as time went by...

Many died under guiletine, and many were innocent...

 

 

 

The war of 1812!!!!

Started by Madison who was hasty to start war with the English due to trade blocking they had done to the US... The English were ready to offer apologises and allow trade through...

But because of his action (Madison) pushing for war... AMERICA WAS ALMOST DESTORYED...!!!!

The English army marched further and further into US territory...

and we were almost destroyed!!! Thanks to war happy idiots like Madison.

 

Before there was Sept.11 2001... there was Sept. 11, 1814...

NYC was almost destroyed...

 

But lucky for us we won that war...

 

But because of the hasty actions of security and war... they leave a BLOODY HISTORY...

 

Point made...

Share this post


Link to post

Damn, Shah, IM impressed.

 

WW1 and WW2: Germany was agressive and wanted MORE MORE,MORE !!

 

ANd look waht happened after the wars. They Came off much much worse.

Share this post


Link to post

History repeats itself literally....

 

if anything in the past has happened a certain way...

expect to see it again...

 

Napoleon raid on Russia---> Hitler raid on Russia

Carthage lays waste to Roman Republic ----> Patton invades Italy...

Japanese Kamikaze ---> Muslim Fudamentalists Sucide attacks...

 

The same methods, down to a T....

 

People ALSO repeat the types of the past...

 

I already know what type of guy that Bush is, I need not explain what his true interest is... making face, at the expense of US troops lives.

 

There's a word we call that guy... I choose not to say it out loud...

Share this post


Link to post

Better him than Kerry. With Kerry in power, Britian would be the only ones left to fight terrorsts, and we would have sold half our arsenal to Al Queda by now

Share this post


Link to post

lol Kerry... "I have a plan..." I don't know what that plan is but I have it!!! :wink: Though I'm not a fan of Bush... But yeah.. Better the devil you know....

Share this post


Link to post
Better him than Kerry. With Kerry in power, Britian would be the only ones left to fight terrorsts, and we would have sold half our arsenal to Al Queda by now

 

Point is...

 

we aren't fighting the terrorists...

 

we are giving them what they want...

 

a chance to take american lives... through sucide bombings...

 

all the while WE PAY THE SAUDIS for their oil SO THEY CAN GIVE THAT FUNDING TO TERRORISTS....

 

remember dubya holding hands with those saudi scum?

 

ALL THE WHILE YOU THINK WE ARE FIGHTING TERROR...

 

No boy, we losing... wake up...

we to think of what we need to do...

 

lol Kerry... "I have a plan..." I don't know what that plan is but I have it!!! :wink: Though I'm not a fan of Bush... But yeah.. Better the devil you know....

 

I would think that as well....

 

but we still aren't getting anywhere...

 

The iraqi insurgents have bullet proof vests and nightvision...

A SIGN THEY HAVE GOVERNMENT FUNDING SOMEWHERE...

 

and sadly we won't win the peace, until those who fund them are stopped...

 

we are not winning...

 

even if we kill a few soldiers... they will be more... they are coming out of woodworks... their will always be terrorists that are willing... ALWAYS...

so we HAVE TO cut their funders or we lose.

 

sadly we buy oil from those who fund them...

maybe next time Bush instead of holding hands with the Saudis... he'll bend over...

 

cus that's our position right now.

 

Hate to bust your "America is the greatest" bubble, but if we don't wake up and get those who are really in charge... expect to see more 9-11s in even greater number in the next 5 years...

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×