Sign in to follow this  
Mr_Lee_

On an Island

I know we have some Pink Floyd fans on this forum, so I was wondering if anyone had heard their guitarists, David Gilmours, solo album titled 'On an Island'.

Its a very mellow and deep album, as can be expected from anything Pink Floyd related. It has conotations of their early and late work, and Gilmour really shows off on his guitar throughout.

Not in my range of musical tastes at present.

Guest MadBadger

Please firefox for the love of all things holy, un holy and patched up PLEASE GET IESPELL!!!!!!!

WWW.IESPELL.COM PLEASE!

Oh and as for Floyd

My dads prob got that :P Meh, unfortunately :puke: im going with Luk3us on the whole 'Not in my range of musical tastes' but minus the 'at present' bit ;)

Please firefox for the love of all things holy, un holy and patched up PLEASE GET IESPELL!!!!!!!

WWW.IESPELL.COM PLEASE!

Oh and as for Floyd

My dads prob got that :P Meh, unfortunatly :puke: im going with Luk3us on the whole 'Not in my range of musical tastes' but minus the 'at present' bit ;)

I bet you didn't use it on your message.

i dont like any thing I.E. it got hacked and now i have fire fox

<come on its in my name>

Money was a fantastic song and I don't think many people will argue about that. The album itself is very melancholy and the tones of it are very soothing. Its been added to my list of 'easy listening' albums.

The other reason I enjoy this album is because essentially, its another Pink Floyd album, which can only be good.

Sorry Lee but Pink Floyd is WAY overrated. They have some good stuff, not saying they don't but they're just not as good as everyone says. >_>

Kinda like Zepplin. They're alright, but not as good as people say they are.

Yeah, they are definitely a great band, but don't quite live up to their reputation. That is true. However Tree, Led Zeppelin is one of the greatest bands of all time :wink:

*cough* ill say it a hundred more times-ITS RELATIVE*cough*

:lol: :P 8)

*cough* Not in this circumstance it ain't *cough*... :P

Yeah, they are definitely a great band, but don't quite live up to their reputation. That is true. However Tree, Led Zeppelin is one of the greatest bands of all time :wink:

Not on my account. They're overrated... Metallica is better, RUSH is better, Tom Petty is better... just to name a few.

Not on my account. They're overrated... Metallica is better, RUSH is better, Tom Petty is better... just to name a few.

To each his own I suppose. I just love their stuff. Of the bands you listed, yes they are all incredible... I think that Metallica is probably one of the best in that list. I've been listening to a lot of their stuff lately, and man they're good.

Oh, and Metallica is "way too mild" for RK? :haha:

Yes, we're all impressed with how tough you must be for listening to the hardest music you can possibly find :rofl:

:P pfff. tough my ass, i just like it hard and heavy, for metal anyway. usually anyway. Metallica is good -- but were better in thier young days. (somehow, i doubt you would be a fan of what i like, such as Korn, Cradle of Filth, VNV Nation, Disturbed, Drowning pool, CruxShadows, DarkSeed, and a number of others as well. :P)

(somehow, i doubt you would be a fan of what i like, such as Korn, Cradle of Filth, VNV Nation, Disturbed, Drowning pool, CruxShadows, DarkSeed, and a number of others as well. :P)

Where do you get that idea? People like you are very strange... you seem to think that no one else understands you or the music you listen to. Bleh! Take THAT society! :lol:

Actually I do happen to love Korn, Disturbed, and some stuff by Drowning Pool. Frankly I like a lot of stuff that's a lot harder than that though.

A rebby that likes Korn and similar? thats a switch *SHOT* j/k

Seriously -- what albums your preferred?