Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

What are your Expectations for C&C3

As a die hard C&C fan, what to do you want from C&C3?

What are your expectations?

After letting this news sink in I've decided to set my expectations very high for this game.

I want this game to be epic, have an in-depth storyline, the focus on single player must be huge, none of that **** single player content that Generals delivered but MP must be top notch as well, the best of both worlds. C&C3 will have to look great of course. And sound awesome to, I want a hard thumping rock musical theme, not the "mood" music from Generals.

I would like to see this game join the Tiberium and RA universes or at least start to point the franchise in that direction. As mentioned in the news C&C3 will use FMV, this says to me that EA have been listening, lets hope they keeping listening to us.

Guest MadBadger

I recon at first im going to throw up.

Then im going to bitch about the n00bs who put together the CNC3 Wilk entry....

Then bitch about the fact its NOT TT as there are Mammys and the TB posioning isn't advanced enough! Remember Kane? Remember the big freaking missiles of doom?

hrmm.....

Other than that....

I don't give a damn about the music...... maybe hell march..... i just turn it off and have smoothbeats streaming in the background.

Live Action Movies! with HUMAN BEINGS! none of that crappy use the game to tell the story BS..... I want real faces to put to the little people im sending to there doom.

Gen/RA Hybrid HUD option to click on factory or on toolbar to make stuff.

MINING!!!!! no damn 'Rush the supply pile' BS

CON YARDS!!!! (to also address the 'Rush the oil' BS..... Meh.... make rushing harder..... but what the hell)

Air/Sea/Land units. (if you can't use all 3..... well.... *rude words* you :P )

Different 'Generals/countrys' No fliping SWG BS with uber defense and stupidly powerfull strike units that cant be hurt.

BULDING..... as in Civi buildings with the funny names and little comments :P

Some sort of cam like in EAW where it follows the units selected...... great in TS with orca/banshes :P

No friking hummers.... well no frikin hummers you can load with rocket men and blast about blasting everything.

Maybe some sort of online credit thingy where you can buy special units?

Create your own 'gen/country' :D

Reduce inf heath and keep the ability to send billions of crap troopers against pillboxes/turrets and see almost all of them get wiped out :twisted:

meh..... ill think of more....

Get it outta your head that Red Alert 3 is still possible. This is the sequal to Tiberian Sun, and that is that! The Nod ending to TS never happened either. GDI started to decode the tacitus, maybe the effects are now being reversed! Ever thought of it like that? :roll:

Anyway, the key to C&C 3's success will ultimately be in it's ability to provide a good solid continuation of where Firestorm left off. The storyline is pivotal. any mess ups here and we'll have one very pissed off community and many of the Veteran Hardcore C&C gamers asking questions.

The game needs to remain traditional and as close to the original C&C roots as possible. By that we need the sidebar back on the right hand side where it belongs. We also need true FMV movies. EA has the money, why not venture into this tradition? We also need Joe Kucan to come back as Kane! This is without a doubt the most important element that, if this is overlooked will have a very ticked off community and questions if this is not done.

The EVA unit, it has such a personality and is a vital element of C&C. Nod need to go back to EVA as well.

If EA are choosing to stick with the original C&C concept, then we are to see Cabal/Kane as leader of the Scrin. This is more fact based on Westwoods concepts than a community rumour. So in other words, Cabal and the scrin should not be seperate factions, they need to be combined as seen in the concept art.

Music needs to inspired by Klepacki's works. We need to have a soundtrack that'll fit perfectly with every single scenario that'll go on in the game. I also think that sticking with Tradition, EA should attempt and Act On Instinct 2 in the track listing... Or create a track that can be considered such a great, that it'll kick off C&C 3 in style and be remembered as one of the great C&C songs of all time.

Keeping the damn universes seperate is another thing. I'd hate to see the RA and Tiberian universes merge! As close as they needed to get was indeed the soviet ending of RA, no more!

Construction yards and proper refinary and harvester combos need to return. Stay traditional and not wander off on the tangent of getting other units to do the jobs.

....and numerous other things that I can nit pick on. Yes, I'm a Hardcore C&C gamer, I've lived and breathed this game for far too long to just watch the Tiberian Legacy get ripped to shreads by EA. That's why I stand for a traditional style C&C.

That would be cool :D

And also high quality cut-scenes, a good story and looooaaads of new tiberium mutations.

Perhaps there is the posibility of time travel... but that was just a thought.

If there truly will be live action FMV's I wonder if Kane will be played by Joe Kucan. To me he's easily the most recognisable video game character.

If you're such a hardcore C&C fan, stop being so bloody critical and bask in the moments of happiness knowing that you finally have something back in the works and something to look forward to. I'm fed up of 'hardcore' people being critical bastards un-necessarily.

Here are my expectations/hopes;

The obvious expectation is that the SAGE engine will not make us all vomit blood. While it has been used for 4 games already, there is always scope for improvement and scope to change things for the better, the modding community has shown us this time and time again.

Musically, I need things to be industrial. Something that really makes me feel like im playing on a grand mechanical scale. Music to match the magnitude of the war.

Gameplay wise, I want the game to stick to the core of what has made C&C what it is today. The need for harvesters etc is a must and nothing should detract from that. I would like, though, a more tactical element to come into choosing a particular strategy. Each side must be chosen for a reason and each strategy should be unique. Non of this spamming or rushing bollocks that people seem to really favour.

Storywise, it has has HAS HAS HAS HAS!!!!!!oneone1 to be perfect. There's nothing more C&C than a good plot. It needs the acted out FMVs, the tension, the epicness. It needs Kane to still be Kane and CABAL to strike the fear into you that he prviously did, and the hope in General Solomons eyes. I don't care about anything else in the end, as long as the story is epic and lives upto the C&C name and the grand name 'Tiberian Wars'.

Finally, the universes should be kept seperate, there's nothing more annoying that people saying 'omgz combine themz'.

We may have a winner of a bigger flop than Generals (Well, I enjoyed gens..but anyway) that will go down as the turning point in RTS history. Here's hoping. 8)

Though Generals had a crappy storyline and had nothing to do with C&C, I think it was extremely balanced and prevented mindless tank rushes and such.

As long as it has Joe Kucan and not some cheap actor, I'm already satisfied :D

I want a another nice figure dude to go with my Chronotrooper dude and my Telsa trooper dude. :) Screw the game. :P;)

- Classic sidebar.

- Construction Yards and Tiberium Refineries/harvesters.

- FMV sequences.

- Joe Kucan.

- Obviously, a great story that follows Firestorm.

- Variety in music (original C&C).

- Atmosphere, something that TS delivered nicely I think.

- And of course it needs to be fun and balanced.

I've lived and breathed this game for far too long to just watch the Tiberian Legacy get ripped to shreads by EA. That's why I stand for a traditional style C&C.

Quote for truth.

Ive noticed that either:

a) everyones bitching about the game or

B) everyones bitching about the people bitching.

me? Im both both of 'em.

In defence of the people in cat a - its important to form an opinion, EA is going to be needing those to give the community a great game.

In defence of the people in cat b - some people in cat a really are the type who find everything to be crap. normally the same people who thought generals was crap.

Im keeping an open mind on it, its not fair to diss it at the moment...

Ive noticed that either:

me? Im both both of 'em.

In defence of the people in cat a - its important to form an opinion, EA is going to be needing those to give the community a great game.

In defence of the people in cat b - some people in cat a really are the type who find everything to be crap. normally the same people who thought generals was crap.

same here..I wasn't happy about the Generals storyline, but it was a good game regardless...EA just shouldn't have used the C&C brand name for it...then many people wouldn've liked it more, I think

Ive noticed that either:

me? Im both both of 'em.

same here..I wasn't happy about the Generals storyline, but it was a good game regardless...EA just shouldn't have used the C&C brand name for it...then many people wouldn've liked it more, I think

Perhaps... but it would have sold worse. Especially Zero Hour makes Generals a very good game. Ya gotta love the elite BMs for 700 bucks at start :D

No to mention king stealths....I like them being able to take any AA defense down with two unranked stealths

-Actors that are not wood (Not saying any C&C game has had them just saying because of EA)

-FMV (Although that should be obvious from the above)

-Classic Side Bar from TD (Just so I can be rid of it when I'm marching troops

into battle and need all the screen I can get)

-In-game FMV that replaces the radar for a short period (like with the scrin

ship mission for GDI in TSun)

-The forgotten should still be around

-Massive battles (AI needs to send more than 5-6 units a time after me)

-Civies trying to live out there day to day lives in the Green Zones and Shiners in the Red Zones (No real impact on the game just a nice little touch)

-Big maps with potentialy unlimited money (Simalar concept to off-dune missions in Emporer:Battle for Arrakis(Dune) i.e. So long as Radar+Conyard+Tech Center are up AND powered a (small) cashflow could be established from the UN/BrotherHood)

-Return of the power down/up tool of TSun (very handy IMO)

All things I would like to see but units I will leave to others

As a die hard C&C fan, what to do you want from C&C3?

What are your expectations?

After letting this news sink in I've decided to set my expectations very high for this game.

I want this game to be epic, have an in-depth storyline, the focus on single player must be huge, none of that s*** single player content that Generals delivered but MP must be top notch as well, the best of both worlds. C&C3 will have to look great of course. And sound awesome to, I want a hard thumping rock musical theme, not the "mood" music from Generals.

I would like to see this game join the Tiberium and RA universes or at least start to point the franchise in that direction. As mentioned in the news C&C3 will use FMV, this says to me that EA have been listening, lets hope they keeping listening to us.

I expect the third race to be a selection for campaign,good graphics,and good music.

I recon at first im going to throw up.

Then im going to bitch about the n00bs who put together the CNC3 Wilk entry....

Then bitch about the fact its NOT TT as there are Mammys and the TB posioning isn't advanced enough! Remember Kane? Remember the big freaking missiles of doom?

hrmm.....

Other than that....

I don't give a damn about the music...... maybe hell march..... i just turn it off and have smoothbeats streaming in the background.

Live Action Movies! with HUMAN BEINGS! none of that crappy use the game to tell the story BS..... I want real faces to put to the little people im sending to there doom.

Gen/RA Hybrid HUD option to click on factory or on toolbar to make stuff.

MINING!!!!! no damn 'Rush the supply pile' BS

CON YARDS!!!! (to also address the 'Rush the oil' BS..... Meh.... make rushing harder..... but what the hell)

Air/Sea/Land units. (if you can't use all 3..... well.... *rude words* you :P )

Different 'Generals/countrys' No fliping SWG BS with uber defense and stupidly powerfull strike units that cant be hurt.

BULDING..... as in Civi buildings with the funny names and little comments :P

Some sort of cam like in EAW where it follows the units selected...... great in TS with orca/banshes :P

No friking hummers.... well no frikin hummers you can load with rocket men and blast about blasting everything.

Maybe some sort of online credit thingy where you can buy special units?

Reduce inf heath and keep the ability to send billions of crap troopers against pillboxes/turrets and see almost all of them get wiped out :twisted:

meh..... ill think of more....

i thought you were banned?

on a side note i agree with Sonic concentrate mostly on the single player and not so much the MP