Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

C&C 3 Expansion Pack Poll

Since patch 1.06 for Command & Conquer 3 is now out, it made our poll about patch 1.05 seem a tad old, so its a good time to change it to something new. For the new poll we are asking you to look into the near future and tell us when the inevitable expansion for Command & Conquer 3 will be announced?

If your reading this news via our main page just look to your right for the poll, if your reading this news via our forums click here to vote. Don't forget to share your comments about this new poll after you have voted.

And now onto the results of our previous poll. What do you think of Patch 1.05 for C&C 3?, 40% of you thought patch 1.05 for C&C 3 was excellent, making it feel like a whole new game. The full results for this poll are available here.

I think it would be either September or October. So they can release it around Christmas or so.

Which means we have maybe 2 more balance patches to expect before they leave it as is.

Remembering that C&C3 was released in Feb... although it would make sense for a Christmas rush release I think it's too soon. Afterall, surely APOC would already by HYPING us up about it?!? :)

But annoucing and releasing are two different things... so let's think the best and go for August.

I would assume that it would be annouced after the 1.07 patch (Mod SDK).

-gben

They probably plan to release it around the time of UaW release.

Yeah that seems likey. If not the Christmas season is always a good time to get money out of poor unaware parents.

Agreed. I mean how else do ya think EA will get thier moneys worth. Christmas is the best time of the year to get gamers hyped up with new games and new game expansions. 8)

But on a personal note, I like Christmas time because of the sales and religion. :)

it will be more likely at christmas i think, by then ill be tired of the game XD

I agree with Luk3us. They probably won't announce it until September, and they could easily have it made by Christmas, especially if the missions are as simple as they are in the actual game. :(

Well: I would say: Release 2008 (normally about one year after the game got released there comes an expansion; if it isn't out until then it normally means there is no expansion at all - which is unlikely for C&C3) but announcment is either August or September/October...

August because of the Games Convention (which is in August after all)...

We will see...

I don't want to rain on the parade or anything but i would like it if they worked on another balance patch before rushing out another game. The game is still unbalanced in my opinion beyond belief, I don't want the expansion pack to be rushed out and have to be patched 10101 times. I want an amazing addition that fixes balance issues and adds to the story.

Guest Rabbit

I honestly don't see how patch 1.05 made a difference... it just changed some of the weapons, but... not that much, in my opinion...

Either that, or I just downloaded the patch and forgot to install it.

Lol you can still bash EA but 1.05 did make an incredible difference.

Well: I would say: Release 2008 (normally about one year after the game got released there comes an expansion; if it isn't out until then it normally means there is no expansion at all - which is unlikely for C&C3) but announcment is either August or September/October...

August because of the Games Convention (which is in August after all)...

We will see...

Interesting. Does Sonic or anyone else actually have data on gap between main release and expanations?

And I guess it really is a question of how dramatic the improvement will be from the main release. Considering that RA2 and EAW both added factions for their expansion... but if this expansion is essentially a mission pack with 2 new units per side... yeah it could be quicker than Christmas. But I still think 2008 is most likely. It wouldn't make as much sense, and not my preference, but my haphazzard opinion.

-gben

I honestly don't see how patch 1.05 made a difference... it just changed some of the weapons, but... not that much, in my opinion...

Either that, or I just downloaded the patch and forgot to install it.

says on the patch what they changed, they changed ALOT, more then a few things....

Does Sonic or anyone else actually have data on gap between main release and expanations?

If we take into account the release of Generals which was on 14th Feb 2003, Zero Hour was released on 24th Oct of the same year. So in theory at least they could push this expansion for late september if they wanted to. However I have a feeling they want to continue the live action thing. So they'll probably get Joe and a couple of unknown actors in to get the job done.

Also note worthy. When I was at the community summit just before the game's release, the team was working on some great looking CG animation that never made it into the original game. I'm thinking that they were already working on the expansion, because the artist said it still wasn't entirely finished. Slip of the tongue perhaps.

I even personally spoke to Aaron about it, but even though Joe admitted to being contracted for it, Aaron said that "Joe and our developers can sometimes talk bull****." Well that tells us alot indeed.

Yeah I was thinking about if they'd get the "main" cast from C&C3 back to do an expansion...

Or would they go the same way FS did and kill off and make lame excuses for getting rid of the some key characters. :P

Prominently the latter I'd think. GDI characters will probably be killed by a 2nd wave of Scrin arriving and landing right on top of their HQ. And Ajay will probably die in some freak Ion storm in a Red Zone. And this will leave Kane on his own to do what he must.

But the main question is this: Why am I discussing an expansion I have no interest in whatsoever? :?

But the main question is this: Why am I discussing an expansion I have no interest in whatsoever? :?

You're secretly sort of interested! :twisted:

i was thinking the same thing!

maybe he is interested in the game but only in denial...

Might have something to do with the fact that I've been at CNCNZ for 9 years already and the C&C games of the past have been a centred passion for all this time since 1995.

I've completed C&C 3, and although I didn't enjoy it, maybe I'm trying to spur on what seems a lack of conversation within these forums. :wink:

i found out first C&C was developed in 1994 and released in 1996...

anyways sarc like it and play it :)

http://www.cncnz.com/games/cnc/

Look at the game tracker in the bottom right.

I'm not gonna go into an arguement over it's release, but I will give you the facts to back that up.

In 2005 I personally presented the plans to celebrate 10 years of the release of C&C. C&C 10 "The First Decade" would be celebrated for 7 days between Monday 29th August - Sunday 4th September 2005. Exactly within the 31st August, exactly 10 years after the game was released around the world.

My idea was officially recognised by EA and ex Westwood members of Petroglyph and ex-staff who work at other studios. The community was funded with prizes and stuff, and it was a week filled full of competitions as well as an Officially EA financed Tournament through courtesy of XWIS. Videos were made, we interviewed EA and past Westwood staff.

I'm sorry punwisp, but C&C was 10 years old on August 31st 2005. :wink:

definitely true because i have the original 11ish year old copy here...and its also refered to CnC 95

made for windows 95

You know it terms of plot, such as there is, I would prefer a full blown sequal rather than an expansion pack.

I guess it would be determined by the ending those chose.

(Hey Saracen - thumbs up for actually finishing the game!)

-gben