Sign in to follow this  
LIXINYU

Communism Discussion

Ok this may help you all to better understand where im comming from. if you want to use wiki.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticisms_of_communism

But wait you say, wasnt i defending communism? Well as those of you who were taking notice will know i was and i wasnt. I was defending communism from the misconception created by so called "Communist states". I was not agreeing with these states or their policies (it can be argued that the US government is more communist than the chinese one but that is not we are discussing, and discussion for another day perhaps). And i have also stated previously that while i agree with many aspects of communism, there does need to be some changes to same aspects for it to become viable.

(it can be argued that the US government is more communist than the chinese one but that is not we are discussing, and discussion for another day perhaps)

and bringing up that particullar line did what to reinforce your standpoint......

Meh... that basically deserves a simple :roll:.

it didnt thats why it was in brackets. It was just an interesting debate i saw recently

It sounded like you were stating it as fact/what you believe. Next time just say outright you saw it in a debate :wink: because that's complete bull :roll:

Guest Rabbit

According to http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Communism

Communism (Коммунизм) is a religion whose primary tenet is that everyone except Russians, Vietnamese, Laotians, Cubans, Chinese, and North Koreans are evil and should all die a very painful death.

Well we know how reliable that source is :roll:

After all, Communism as a religion....give me a friggin break. No wonder it failed, Communism apparently doesnt allow for proper deffinitions!

Acerz with the Wikipedia link! SWISH!!

Where ya been dude?

Oh I've been around dude. Just working on MIT stuffs, such as this Multimedia assignment that's due in at the end of the term (3 weeks from now).

Communism defies modern definition. It can never be classified as a religion, because the principles of communism outlaw religion altogether. BUT, as we know, Stalin took it a bit too far, instead getting the people under his regiem to worship him as a god.

I think we can all agree that Communism is a wonderful idea, if the Human Race as a whole was free of corruption. A wonderful idea, but a huge mistake to try and put it into practise.

Thats one way to look at it, except that the idea ignors reality, (IE humans arent perfect, and have many greedy faults)

By Willfully ignoring these facts of life, the system fails.

You could read the thread and then realise why we dislike Communism. The first and foremost being its an utter failure. You can read the other posts to get the rest.

well i just wanna know why you dude dislike Communism cos were ...poor?
because the system, with its corrupt leaders, makes you poor...that's one reason :wink:

well i just wanna know why you dude dislike Communism cos were ...poor?

This silly, childish statement isn't even worth a response.

We're debating the merits of economic systems. If you had any understanding of this, you'd realise that your statement here is a point AGAINST you.

but so are most developing nations

well yep, i am a 16-year-old senior student who have only learned english for about 4 years.so im tired of reading the former posts. and i really dont get any views of the economic system.

but you cannot just say communism fails for there's still a China stand in the east. and its said without Marx's theory the whole capitalism world will fall ,is that true? (just wondering, this is what our histroy teacher said)

it depends on how you look at it. I can see how it might make some sence but not to that extent. That seems a bit exaggerated, i dont think it would fall

It definitely wouldn't. What on earth is the reasoning behind that? :?

Communism fails. Always. The fact that some communist nations are still eeking along frankly doesn't do much to change that. Besides, the only reason that China is starting to take off is because it's slowly adopting capitalism!

I mean really, look at Russia...they were able to use terror to keep a hold on the people for over 1/2 a century, but ultimately failed because the system just wasn't profitable enough....your teacher is definitely (perhaps, purposefully) wrong on that one :wink:

And of course, capitalism, which runs the global economy, will fail because....uh.....oh wait, it wont. nvm :wink:

Why do we say Communism fails? Look at history....

You don't need history to tell you that Communism will fail. All you need is a decent understanding of human nature and how the system works. With that, you can conclude that, practically, communism will NEVER work.

Right, but for those who refuse to, or cant reason, history provides a useful point of reference.

well but the USSR falls only because the Communism system?

It was more than that... if you actually believe that we think the USSR fell solely because of Communism, you are more daft than we thought.