Cygnus X-1

Pic of the Day

Though very cruel.

Prepare the kid for the real world. I really hate parents that always give in to their whiners and can't stand to see them cry.

aaaah don't even ask about the furc windows >.>; what? you think my life revolves around you guys here? what kind of company are you all? you're all pretty much red blooded redneck males apart from a couple of you xD

-start of rambling. skip past to get to anything remotely related to the conv-

even the couple of you who aren't i can't fully confide in... and it's not like msn has an easy-member search feature or anything (no doubt it probably does, but i'm willing to bet those who choose to be listed on it are twilight fangirls with sparkles and myspace fans, or those poseur type chavvy or guido guys y'know?

so i pretty much meet people through furc or games. and most games are filled with people who have no patience for anything or are just bigass horny rednecks who just want sex :\

at least on furc i can find real friends... *cue onslaught of "go out and get a life" messages*

aaaand to combat that response before it happens; i'm messed up with post traumatic stress so i have extreme social issues. also there is the fact that meeting people face to face really doesn't give you the chance to get to know them properly. people look at you and make snap judgements... and the majority of people my age in this area are all "scene" and poseurs, or other cliches. they all hang around in their little groups. i don't fit into ANY of them. online i can find people who have the same tastes as me and i can get to know them for as long as i want before sharing personal secrets with or whatever...

-end ramble, insert on-topic rambling-

aaaaanyway. sadly bush is such a poor speaker... but he has given us some classic bushisms xD

also introducing them to the real world (to some extent) is good... but you really should let the children enjoy their youth. you only get to experience it once, so why take it away from them so fast? .-.

introduce them to things as they begin to ask questions or you feel they should know about things. basic laws should probably be taught from a very young age (murder = bad, stealing = bad etc etc...)

and really any kind of politics should probably be left until later life... i mean if you tell them that terrorists are bad and terrorists are middle easterners, do you really think they are gonna be friendly to that muslim kid in school?

sex should probably be taught within limitation as they ask questions. i mean if they are really young you aren't gonna be educating them on the life of ron jeremy are we? but telling them some bull about storks and flower babies and stuff is more a hinderance then aid... and later on once you DO have to tell them about sex, or give your child more in-depth talks like if they reach puberty or something... i'd guess a good helping of sexual health would be good too xD

i don't know about NZ or the US, but in the uk becoming pregnant has been a popular fad amongst chavs. along with taking drugs, ciggies and drinking, having at least one baby is a "must have"... i don't know about you all but should i have a child later on i do NOT want them getting pregnant (or getting someone pregnant) at 12. apart from all the moral issues i'd have with it there is the whole actually SUPPORTING a child :\

-end ramble full this time xD-

but yah. educate them on it but don't steal their youth. let them enjoy it whilst they can. why should they realise they are stuck in this hellhole upon hitting 5 years old? <3

why should they realise they are stuck in this hellhole upon hitting 5 years old? <3

I'd answer that, but this isn't the place for it.

Besides, nobody would take a cynic like me seriously.

you shouldn't take that away from the kids at that age. i mean come on they have to spend the rest of their lives knowing their lives (probably) suck ass and not everything is perfect with sparkles...

might as well at least give them that happy fantasy world for a few years. if only to let them have a happy childhood. if you mess them up from a young age it'll mess them up in later life y'know... basic psychology x3

if you mess them up from a young age it'll mess them up in later life y'know... basic psychology x3

That's exactly the problem. Give the whiners what they want and tell them the world is perfect, they grow up with the need to have everything they want and can't handle the world's imperfection. Then they have to pay people to tell them everything is going to be all right when everything will never be all right. Psychologists do not help society, they are a bane to it. Not unless someone is clinically insane, do they need a psychologist. Those that think psychologists are a good thing have just already been corrupted by the belief that their lives shouldn't suck as bad as they do.

I will end the cynicism here, if you want this to turn into a full blown discussion, open a new topic on it. I advise against doing that.

...and note i never said spoil them. i'm saying let them have their childhood. that doesn't mean give them everything. that means don't corrupt them early... give them some things, obviously for christmas and birthday. and say, occassionally a gift if they have been doing well at school or whatever but don't give in whenever they want it.

the psychologists that just little to people with mid-life crisises and tell them everything will be fine don't deserve to have their jobs, but the ones who are actually helping with REAL COUNSILLING, such as victims of trauma, either through childhood abuse, rape, or something such as a car crash where they were the only survivor. then psychologists are useful, because otherwise those people would not be able to re-enter society properly. shouldn't just write off psychologists as just that, they do cover a wide field of play. generally anyone who has some kind of mental condition.

and when you consider the fact that there are just as many, if not more, mental conditions then physical ones... well... nuff said really. you can't just say "all psychologists are bad" you might as well say "all doctors are bad" cos it's the same difference. i'm not gonna turn it into a full debate, that is just my opinion on the subject. i'm just saying think about it more before you comment...

Furcadia? :o

Relax. It's a tame site like Gaia Online. She doesn't willing admit to visiting the type of furry sites I go to. You all know I'm a total furvert anyway. xD

Was wondering round on the net and couldn't help but post these, hopefully not already done

internetuf0.th.jpg

techsupportdm9.th.jpg

addup7.th.jpg

And its not that great but one for luk3us...

lynxck5.th.jpg

Edited by Julbri

Do it, if it is. The pic will get removed.

Yeah go ahead, if its dodgy, it'll magically disappear! :o

Just PM it to me as well, so if it gets removed, at least I can have a laugh... although I'm already guessing it's of a YMCA/In the navy theme. :P

Just PM it to me as well, so if it gets removed, at least I can have a laugh... although I'm already guessing it's of a YMCA/In the navy theme. :P

someone should put that in vid of the day

hehe x3; all pretty funny.

... >.>;

...love the wash me X3; i should totally do a photo like that for laughs. but i don't wanna traumatise people with my fugliness o_O my old photoshoot stuff and my cosplay pics were bad enough XD

though nowadays i utterly LOVE my style. to the point i'm starting to fall in love with myself... which is a tad worrying o-O

i mean seriously, i have these jeans, which i now refer to as, as my "hobo jeans" because i've had them a good half decade and they were really cheap single layer jeans (normally jeans are double layered in the material...) and they were fine until a couple of months ago. then all of a sudden hole after hole appeared. now the whole of the left leg is missing big chunks. also it's spreading to the right left, the back left thigh at the top and a little more embarressingly, an inch or two long hole RIGHT ON THE RIGHT ASS CHEEK D:

i didn't know until i discovered it whilst i was outdoors playing pool at a bar with the social group o-o when i put them on the material was just a little weakish. then all of a sudden there's a big friggin' hole there c-c; aaaaanyway.

also i has my jacket (the one from the old photoshoots with the pistol and beret) which is now COMPLETELY covered in patches, badges and keyrings. it was originally worth £10 - £15... now it's worth £120 o.o;

then there is my top which is (at the moment) a black poloneck which i've altered so it's cropped halfway up my torso so it shows my tummy...

and finally my hair. which is now a cross between both x-men rogue versions. it's the colours of the original, but the same style as the new one o-O looks pretty sweet at the moment.

that combined with other little details is making me look like a cross between the genres/cliches and no matter how weird it looks, i look in the mirror and LOVE IT xD

so yah. might do a christmas photoshoot for laughs x3 don't expect anything questionable though c.C just because you know i'm capable of it doesn't mean i'm getting myself banned off the forum for posting it XD

might do a christmas photoshoot for laughs

Could be interesting if Sith wampa gets tho modify another lot of pics

Could be interesting if Sith wampa gets tho modify another lot of pics

Give me something and I'll see what I can do. :P

I fell off my chair with laughter when i saw the last photo edits

And finally, directions from Sears to one of their locations ~1 mile from someone's home...

Might be better off taking a plane to get there. Or walk...

I like the Did you know box. I see that every now in then. :P