Sonic

There Is a New C&C Community Manager

There is a new C&C Community Manger but this person won't reveal his identity until there are over 200,000 "likes" from people on the Official Command & Conquer Facebook page. This teaser, that doesn't really give away much, was posted.

new_cm.jpg

I am your new C&C Community Manager. Who am I? I won’t reveal myself until I see over 200,000 people “like” @CommandandConquer on facebook.

So head over to the Official Command & Conquer Facebook page or the CNCNZ.com Facebook page, click the "like" button, if you're into that whole Facebook thing. And while you're there, read through some of the colourful comments from the usual EA hate brigade.

What if it just doesn't happen?

It can be a yes or no, worst or best case scenario. But still we don't know who is it, either that guy or girl is going to be a WW, EA or both-sided fan. We can't tell, screw EA_Goodman, I felt like he is EA-sided (And possibly no sense of respecting well with WW fans).

Pressing the "Like" button can be both good and bad at the same time, like I said, you may never know that guy can be on any of the 3 sides.

It can be a yes or no, worst or best case scenario. But still we don't know who is it, either that guy or girl is going to be a WW, EA or both-sided fan. We can't tell, screw EA_Goodman, I felt like he is EA-sided (And possibly no sense of respecting well with WW fans).

Pressing the "Like" button can be both good and bad at the same time, like I said, you may never know that guy can be on any of the 3 sides.

you are thinking way to much into this

What if it just doesn't happen?

I would laugh with glee. :P

Seriously the whole 'like me' trend going on lately with various companies and corporations, not cool.

It can be a yes or no, worst or best case scenario. But still we don't know who is it, either that guy or girl is going to be a WW, EA or both-sided fan.

Maybe that guy/girl going to be a gamereplays fan, that is what I fear :P

Seriously the whole 'like me' trend going on lately with various companies and corporations, not cool.

Indeed, it makes me lose respect for them when they try to bribe likes out of people. I literally dislike the stunt.

Also, I could care less about "who" the CM is. I'll reserve judgment for when they prove they will earn their keep.

I rarely use Facebook, and I will definitely not log in to like that post. I don't care much about that new community manager. When APOC left, all went to rot

it's not about liking "that post", just the C&C section itself.

Makes me laugh how people on Facebook think it could be Joe Kucan. Not implying that Joe couldn't do the job, but its not really his thing ;)

Who ever the new guy or girl is I don't envy the position, perhaps I do envy the money that comes with it, but they are heading into a real **** storm in this community, they will be bombarded with questions from left, right and centre. Basically job number one will be reconnecting the fractured fan base before they announce the next C&C. Also restoring life to the Official C&C Site, because its plain dead right now.

Guest Stevie_K

Could they really be cruel enough to put a 100 % unknown person behind the [?] ? :P

Tell who it is and make a proper introduction and I'll decide whether I *like* it or not!

I hope it is someone new with a thick skin. There's no pleasing people anyway. :rolleyes:

I heard it was Gemma Atkinson. Honest story! ^_^

Guest Stevie_K
I heard it was Gemma Atkinson. Honest story! ^_^

riiight :P

:huh: So he/she will never reveal himself/herself. Edited by kklkit

you are thinking way to much into this

As long as C&C is still alive instead of being buried, people can go all twists and turns unnecessarily!

Guest Stevie_K
:huh: So he/she will never reveal himself/herself.

Yes, if they reach the amount of "likes" on their Facebook page that is.

I joined and liked.

Edited by Pepzi

I joined and liked.

You're brave to admit that here... :P

First action of the CM is to make autocratic demands of the community... such a great first impression.

Wording could have been better...

eg "I will announce my presence on such and such a date, but hey if you can get to 200,000 likes before then... well how can I resist... I'll tell you early."

While this move surely garnered a lot of attention, it seems to be mainly negative - not exactly what I'd call a good introduction. Still, some community leaders (GR.org and its german twin, United Forums) have voiced their confidence in his person and plans. Let's just hope the persons speaking for him aren't a sign of his future position in the community, else I guess he gambled away of what made CNC great.

Still, some community leaders (GR.org and its german twin, United Forums) have voiced their confidence in his person and plans. Let's just hope the persons speaking for him aren't a sign of his future position in the community, else I guess he gambled away of what made CNC great.

It seems that (only?) they already knows who that person is (and know his plans!) and trying to present gr.org as central site for C&C community (and it seems they are successful in their attempt) and that's already a bad sing for me. I would be more happy if the new cm revealed himself to the other community leaders, especialy to leaders of C&C veteran fansites (or maybe he already did but they don't telling us). Again, I'm hope that I'm wrong.

Edited by mirza044

Could it be Gambler, the German community manager? He was active at CNC Inside until it died because of publicly battled internal differences and a lack of news posts. AFAIK he was employed by a community management corporation and/or EA Communityteam. End of the last year he silently disappeared from the site (or I missed the annoncement ^_^). Even the link to his Twitter account was removed (http://twitter.com/myGambler) and posts there subsided, only promoting assorted EA stuff (not that there was more to it before). If it's him I hope he's changed. He was painting very colorful pictures of the state of the community and Command & Conquer in general -- even three months after Tiberian Taillight hit the shelves and the fans in the face. To me, blaming the silly season and the hot temperatures for the community's lack of interest after the launch sounded more like a hired Public Relations guy putting lipstick on an evident pile of crap.

Edited by AlexB

Lets just say some people know. I know who it is. But out of respect for the new CM, I won't spoil his (or maybe even her) fun.

I would expect anyone who does know the identity of the new CM to keep it private for now.